I've been away on vacation for a few weeks. Recharged my batteries and refueled my soul with love from family and friends. In the past two weeks I...
Jigged cod fish.
Made homemade jam.
Baked cream puffs.
Watched whales surface to breathe (while in a small fishing boat about 25 feet away!)
Painted my nails.
Ate homemade bread. And toutons.
Snuggled with my granny.
Woke up to the birds chirping, a brook babbling, and a view that makes my entire body smile.
Spun in circles with my 18 month old neice.
Swam and worked out with my dad's sister.
Got dolled up twice...
Went for a long walk with my aunt.
Ate delicious food.
Read. A lot.
Rode a motorcycle.
Made earrings with my neices.
Ate wild strawberries.
Learned how to roast coffee. Ate freshly roasted coffee beans.
Watched beautiful Northern Gannets dive for herring in the Atlantic Ocean.
Snuggled, giggled, and talked for hours with my PJ (and finally got to meet her "special friend").
I'm going to keep it simple this Monday morning and share with you some wisdom from others.
A blog I follow recently posted the following quote:
I immediately wanted to find who the quote orignated from, but didn't have any luck. In my digging, I did find a site that had listed a Native American Code of Ethics. It really spoke to me and made my heart smile.
Native American Code of Ethics
1. Rise with the sun to pray. Pray alone. Pray often. The Great Spirit will listen, if you only speak.
2. Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path. Ignorance, conceit, anger, jealousy – and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance.
3. Search for yourself, by yourself. Do not allow others to make your path for you. It is your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
4. Treat the guests in your home with much consideration. Serve them the best food, give them the best bed and treat them with respect and honor.
5. Do not take what is not yours whether from a person, a community, the wilderness or from a culture. It was not earned nor given. It is not yours.
6. Respect all things that are placed upon this earth – whether it be people or plant.
7. Honor other people’s thoughts, wishes and words. Never interrupt another or mock or rudely mimic them. Allow each person the right to personal expression.
8. Never speak of others in a bad way. The negative energy that you put out into the universe will multiply when it returns to you.
9. All persons make mistakes. And all mistakes can be forgiven.
10. Bad thoughts cause illness of the mind, body and spirit. Practice optimism.
11. Nature is not FOR us, it is a PART of us. They are part of your worldly family.
12. Children are the seeds of our future. Plant love in their hearts and water them with wisdom and life’s lessons. When they are grown, give them space to grow.
13. Avoid hurting the hearts of others. The poison of your pain will return to you.
14. Be truthful at all times. Honesty is the test of ones will within this universe.
15. Keep yourself balanced. Your Mental self, Spiritual self, Emotional self, and Physical self – all need to be strong, pure and healthy. Work out the body to strengthen the mind. Grow rich in spirit to cure emotional ails.
16. Make conscious decisions as to who you will be and how you will react. Be responsible for your own actions.
17. Respect the privacy and personal space of others. Do not touch the personal property of others – especially sacred and religious objects. This is forbidden.
18. Be true to yourself first. You cannot nurture and help others if you cannot nurture and help yourself first.
19. Respect others religious beliefs. Do not force your belief on others.
20. Share your good fortune with others.